Your Ad Here

yesstyle

Deleted: 5
Rate: +
Points ($): 3707

[*] posted on 5-22-2011 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Pentax K-x Vs. E-PL1

Hi,

I'm considering to buy a nice camera and I am really considering the K-x and E-PL1. I already have a compact point n shoot and really looking into making the transition to a DSLR, hence I'm a noob. Can anyone offer their opinion on these 2 models? I know theres a price difference of 150cdn here in Korea (K-x is 600,000won and E-PL1 is 450,000won). Thanks =)
thaAMAZINess

Deleted: 0
Points ($): 535

[*] posted on 5-22-2011 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote

You mean PENTAX k-x or SIGMA EX? Well, it really depends on you. k-x is a great entry level DSLR. E-PL1 is a great m4/3. Plus E-PL2 came out, so epl1's price dropped a lot. The only problem w/ E-PL1 is that its AF is slow, however it still produce nice IQ straight from JPEG. Also, if you travel a lot, EPL1 is a lot easier to carry around compare to k-x. For the lenses, PENTAX has some really nice lenses. However, if you decide to get EPL1, i HIGHLY recommend just get the body only. Save some money and get something like panasonic's 20mm pancake lens. Olympus' lenses suck balls. However, if you're on a tight budget, I'll go for Olymp's 14mm. The price is not bad and it's pretty descent.

IF you have time, check out Steve HUffman's reviews

k-x review
http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2010/07/22/the-pentax-kx-digital-camera-review/

E-PL1 review
http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2010/04/07/the-olympus-e-pl1-review-the-best-jpeg-camera-ever/
GallatNite
Horny

Deleted: 1
Points ($): 5222

Mood: Sexy

[*] posted on 5-22-2011 at 11:21 PM Reply With Quote

Epl2 is not a dslr. Tho it has a function of a dslr with interchangeable lens. It's a mirrorless camera, Olympus calls it a pen. I currently have both gf1 and ep1. I like it a lot b/c of their compact sizes. The main advantage mirrorless camera has over slr is that they have more lens to choose from. With an adapter I can use lens from the 70s, at only 20-30 dollars for manual focus lens. For micro fou third cameras 20mm 1.7 is a must if u do some research. Pricing is high, it's like getting a entry lvl dslr. For me I choose m43 cause of it's siZe and interchangeable lens ability.
yesstyle

Deleted: 5
Points ($): 3707

[*] posted on 5-22-2011 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote

oops, yep i mean the K-x. sorry for the confusion.
Digg! Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top