Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites   Post new thread Poll:
Author: Subject: How's Canon powershot SX20 IS?
Ads
Sponsor

Your Ad Here

Bluw

Deleted: 1
Rate: +
Points ($): 7381

[*] posted on 4-20-2011 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
How's Canon powershot SX20 IS?

Hi everyone!
I'm looking for a camera and my friend is selling her Canon Powershot SX20 IS (including bag, tripod, rechargeable batteries, 2 year insurance) for $350.

I really don't know much about cameras, but I need it for work as I'm starting in real estate.

I'm mostly going to be using it to take pictures of real estate, both exterior and interior, during both day and nighttime. Will be taking videos of real estate with it too. Want the photos and video to put the properties in their best light.

Really need some expert advice on whether this will be a good camera or not. I heard reviews that it's great in most ways, but also heard that it's bad under low lighting, which worries me.

So please help me out if you can and tell me whether I should make this purchase or not.

Canon Powershot SX20 IS
$350
deal or no deal?!?!

Thanks for your opinions and advice!!
takashinippon

Deleted: 15
Points ($): 3915

[*] posted on 4-20-2011 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote

I have that camera used it for my 6 month exchange trip to SE Asia :)

The great thing about the camera is its MEGA ZOOOOMMM!! u can have so may option and power with that!!! ^^

Its also not that big as compared to SLRs, and i think it has a solid grip. I love the screen u can tilt it to all directions, its really useful!

However the only bad side is i think is that it doesnt have an advantage like an SLR where u can focus on parts on the image u want focused. So if your into high end photography its really limited. But for individuals who just want a simple point and shoot with added option of mega zoom, this is one of the premium high end and great performance. u should check out future shop and see if it really suitable for u :)

I returned my D90 and got the Sx20 and $1000 back in difference when i bought it, and i couldnt be happier. I remember i paid $500 for the sx20is, now that its only 350$ i think thats a bargain!!! :)
Bluw

Deleted: 1
Points ($): 7381

[*] posted on 4-20-2011 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote

Thanks a lot for your advice, takashinippon. Really considering it now, but does it have wide angles, I'm gonna need to catch a lot of the property in the frame.
takashinippon

Deleted: 15
Points ($): 3915

[*] posted on 4-21-2011 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluw
Thanks a lot for your advice, takashinippon. Really considering it now, but does it have wide angles, I'm gonna need to catch a lot of the property in the frame.

Hi,

if u need wide angle shoots u can always attach a wide angle lens separably . ^^
neil4jsarena
N00b

Deleted: 0
Points ($): 10

[*] posted on 5-4-2011 at 05:37 AM Reply With Quote

Here you can't get idea about how many pixels it has and zooming capacity. Recently I bought one canon camera which has 10 mega megapixel and 10-X zooming. If it is also better then I definitely looking for it.

Digg! Post new thread Poll:

Go To Top