Your Ad Here

Vk_
Posting Freak

Deleted: 28
Rate: +
Points ($): 676

[*] posted on 3-11-2010 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
jordan photography

so this is my first time using my sony a300 camera wondering if u guys could gimme some opinions about these photos
sneakers are jordan retro 1s celtics vs bulls set

Attachment:
Filename: DSC01215.JPG - Filesize: 1.92mb

Attachment:
Filename: DSC01222.JPG - Filesize: 2.15mb

Attachment:
Filename: DSC01229.JPG - Filesize: 1.8mb

Attachment:
Filename: DSC01227.JPG - Filesize: 2.64mb
zeroeightfive

Deleted: 4
Points ($): 464

[*] posted on 3-11-2010 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote

merely using the macro setting on a camera doesnt make a picture good. if you want to take good pics, understand focus and composition. the focus is something you want to show, something you want to say. the composition is about how you say it, or how you show it. you want to show the nike symbol? consider why you are showing it, what you are trying to say/imply and then consider what photography methods you could use to best say/imply it. black/white pics have a connotation of elegance and allows you to filter out color.

Consider lighting. It is something most amature photographers forget is in their control. All said, your pictures look like someone spent all of 5 mins taking them. I dont really even understand why you posted them, was it to show off the shoes, or was it to show your photography? cuz it kinda failed in both. The photography is haphazard and the shoes are super common. Perhaps not in that colorway but still, who doesnt have a pair of Jordan Retro 1s these days?

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m16/Gryss/4horsemen.gif
Vk_
Posting Freak

Deleted: 28
Points ($): 676

[*] posted on 3-11-2010 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote

well ya course it only took like 5 min *actually more like 10:P lol but ya im just learning to use this camera and its not that im trying to show off the shoes but its something i just thought would look nice in a picture

i tried doing the putting more focus on the jordan symbol for the first picture to try and make it stand out more and the other pictures i tried playing with angles and focus at the same time wasn't really sure if i was doing it right lol

the second pic i knew there wasnt enough lighting but i figured the flash on my camera kinda really highlighted the black material on my sneaker which i thought was a bit nice so i decided to keep it that way...

last 2 pics just suck ya i know lol

and ya i choose these sneakers cause the black and red color way are my favorite pair of jordan retro 1's and how much i am a fan of basketball and slamdunk *if any of u have ever read or watched it *

overall i am a beginner in photography im just trying to see what me and a camera can come up with and am in no way trying to "showoff" or anything like that okay lol but ya thanks for ur honest opinion ...
zeroeightfive

Deleted: 4
Points ($): 464

[*] posted on 3-11-2010 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Vk_
well ya course it only took like 5 min *actually more like 10:P lol but ya im just learning to use this camera and its not that im trying to show off the shoes but its something i just thought would look nice in a picture

i tried doing the putting more focus on the jordan symbol for the first picture to try and make it stand out more and the other pictures i tried playing with angles and focus at the same time wasn't really sure if i was doing it right lol

the second pic i knew there wasnt enough lighting but i figured the flash on my camera kinda really highlighted the black material on my sneaker which i thought was a bit nice so i decided to keep it that way...

last 2 pics just suck ya i know lol

and ya i choose these sneakers cause the black and red color way are my favorite pair of jordan retro 1's and how much i am a fan of basketball and slamdunk *if any of u have ever read or watched it *

overall i am a beginner in photography im just trying to see what me and a camera can come up with and am in no way trying to "showoff" or anything like that okay lol but ya thanks for ur honest opinion ...

i hope i wasnt too insensitive with my choice of words. i dont mean to knock a newcomers work. and i definitely didnt want to discourage you. Honestly, the thing about it is that its a discipline. Keep it up and try to understand the "why" whenever you look at a piece that you like. Eventually you will understand all that takes place behind a camera rather than just point and shoot.

good luck man!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m16/Gryss/4horsemen.gif
GeneralX
Posting Freak

Deleted: 0
Points ($): 52732

[*] posted on 3-11-2010 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote

most of the things have been said
and yes, flash is a problem here, before you go into flash photography, try to avoid using the flash as often as possible

Email: generalx@outie.net
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Member GeneralX's ICQ status Send Points ($)
omega
----------------------

Deleted: 5
Points ($): 8355

Mood: z(`.' )s -psshh

[*] posted on 3-11-2010 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote

photography tip: find more interesting subjects

haha

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member Send Points ($)
fobboyray
.raylessness.

Deleted: 1
Points ($): 1135

Mood: Let's Go Raptors!

[*] posted on 3-11-2010 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote

From my experience of taking photos of shoes flash is no good, unless you are trying to show off the 3M reflective material. I have a lighting box for shoes which I find really brings out the details. Here are some sample shots I have of some of my shoes, pictures taken from Canon SD750.

Attachment:
Filename: IMG_0417.JPG - Filesize: 881.65kb

Attachment:
Filename: IMG_0012.jpg - Filesize: 766.82kb

Attachment:
Filename: [2]IMG_0713.JPG - Filesize: 892.66kb
niQ
ball over all.

Deleted: 2
Points ($): 4090

Mood: Funk~